Pages

Search All Things 40K

Friday, June 27, 2008

Daemons are big!

It's summer and since I live in southern California (in the Valley, no less) it gets way hot out here. Seriously, it has no business being this hot. It's just uncalled for. This puts a real damper on my painting process, as it's so hot and dry that my paint pots will usually dry up rather quickly upon opening them. Mixing paints becomes very difficult, as the small bowl I use to mix also dries up before I get any decent amount of paint on the miniature. Paints go on chunkier and thicker, which really really sucks.


So, in an attempt to salvage at least some of my time, I decided to focus on assembling the box of Daemons that I got a little bit ago. My first discovery? They're huge.




above, you'll see one of my Dark Angels Space Marines squaring off against The Masque. Now she's a slight bit taller than the rest of the Daemonettes, but not by much. For the most part, the Daemonettes are rather proportional until you get to the legs. Their legs are very long, which will make them stand eye-to-eye with a Space Marine, or sometimes taller depending on the pose. I'm ok with this, seeing as there is a remarkable difference in how frail they look in comparison to said marine ... so it's not a total WTF.



Skulltaker is a big daemon. He's significantly larger than even the other Bloodletters. I was rather surprised at how large he is.




Ok, Epidemius really takes the cake for big daemons. Sitting on his palanquin he's just huge. Awesome for the imagery with him being Nurgle, but still more than I expected.




The new Juggernauts are absolutely awesome, but the Bloodletters that are riding them? An absolute pain in the ass to get them to stay up there. Their legs just stop in the middle of the Juggernaut's torso! It looks like they should be resting against the beast's hips, but the Bloodletter's not long enough! I ended up finding some bolts that barely stick out of the Juggernaut's sides and decided to use them like pegs for his feet. With him precariously perched up there, gluing this thing together was a real chore ... but what can I say? Look at the outcome! It looks glorious! He's gonna run that poor marine through!

Ammael to Brother Remiel: Don't shoot at the giant metal Rhino-Dog. Aim at the fleshy thing riding it. Raise your Bolter, aim higher! Remiel! Ai- ... A quick prayer to the Emperor for Remiel, formerly of the glorious Third Company. We move onward.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Google Analytics