Pages

Search All Things 40K

Monday, March 9, 2009

Ork Skin

I have a lot of unpainted Orks sitting around. So many that the thought alone of attempting multi-step layering techniques is a real momentum-killer. So, I've been fooling around with the washes to get good looking results in easy 2 or 3-step processes. Hopefully this way I'll be able to paint large numbers of Orks fast enough that it won't hurt me just to think about how many I still have to paint.
I conducted a quick test on my three remaining unpainted Burna Boyz to find a skin-tone that I like. I thought you all would enjoy seeing the results. All three were basecoated in a different color, then washed with Thraka Green. That's it. The only difference here is the basecoat:

Basecoats from left to right:
Gretchin Green - Goblin Green - Knarloc Green

Personally I prefer the Gretchin Green. I like the yellow undertone that shows through, it looks more organic than the other two. Goblin Green is a great high-contrast "cartoony" look, if that's what you're going for. There's certainly nothing wrong with any combination; it's all about finding what colors look best for you.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Google Analytics