Pages

Search All Things 40K

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

It burns

I got some heartbreaking news a few days ago.

You all remember that table I made some time ago? You know... this one:

It was sitting at my friend's house in Palos Verdes, CA ... when the Palos Verdes wildfire hit. My friend and his family were evacuated and are safe and unhurt (thank goodness), but the same cannot be said of the table. I'm told it succumbed to the murderous and destructive will of a violent (and fiery) warp storm. Alas, the maiden world resembles a foul and smoldering shell of what it once was (mostly styrofoam and wood).

I think I've come to terms with it's destruction, though my Eldar will never forgive... The important bit is that Joe and his family are ok.

In the meantime ... now I have to figure out what I'm going to use as a table. I was thinking something along the lines of this. In case you aren't fully able to appreciate the details of this masterpiece of a table, here is a gallery of pics from someone who bought one. But the price tag? ouch. ;) That's a lot of saving up I have to do, haha.

In the meantime, I need to build myself a makeshift version of it while I build up the cash to get it... I'm thinking a 6'x4' mdf board mounted on top of a cheap ikea table (as long as it's sturdy and wooden), top covered with felt, and then the sides covered by wall trim (to create a small inlay border to hold the board pieces in place)...
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Google Analytics